Friday, June 25, 2010

Circle Rules Federation Update

Culturebot had an interview with our founder and my friend, Greg Manley. Choice paragraph:
5. Have you ever had to make a choice between work and art? What did you choose, why, and what was the outcome?

All those lines have been blurring. Lately, I’ve been choosing Circle Rules Football work over acting. So I’ve been in the peculiar place of having acting in theater as a backup job. So my work is art and my art, (Circle Rules Football – the whole reason I’m doing this interview), is work. Maybe that’s just not a very helpful distinction. About a month ago one of my housemates who had started working for the Census said, “Greg, you’d better get a job now. You’re the only one in the house who hasn’t filled out a W2 this year.” I got pissed. I think as soon as you consider your art your work, it is.
Also, on Sunday, I'll be refereeing a 1:00 match at Prospect Park before our usual 2PM pick-up game. Come out at 1:00, watch the match, and then play in the pick-up game afterwards!